WALA Creative Entrepreneurs Series)
(Legal Issues for Creative Entrepreneurs)
WALA’s Creative Entrepreneurs Series is a series for creatives of all kinds who want to take the next step in their professional career by creating their own business. Explore the basics of forming a business for your creative endeavors, from deciding whether to incorporate as a non-profit or for-profit entity, to understanding copyrights and trademarks, to contract and negotiation skills, and finally to taxes and understanding the grants process.The series comprises of six sessions to be held on *consecutive Tuesdays, starting Tuesday, September 15, 2020 and continuing through Tuesday, October 20, 2020 from 11:00 am – 12:30 pm. *Attendees must Register for each individual session. To do so, select the corresponding session DATE from the list below.
The complete series includes:
• Session #1: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 ~ Copyright/Trademark Protection & Use
• Session #2: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 ~ Business Entities Formation
• Session #3: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 ~ Contracts & Licensing
* Session #4: Tuesday, October 6, 2020 ~ Negotiation Strategies
• Session #5: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 ~ Tax Strategies
• Session #6: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 ~ Grants
The WALA Creative Entrepreneurs Series (CES) is free for WALA members and *$20 per workshop for non-members. *Reduced rate General Admission tickets available. **This series is supported by a special collaborative effort between City of Alexandria Office of the Arts, Torpedo Factory Art Center, Arlington Arts, and ArtsFairfax. **Complimentary tickets are available via these organizations. Contact your local arts agency for details. For more information visit https://waladc.org/events.