Position: MANAGING DIRECTOR
Website: DC Film Alliance
DC Shorts champions short filmmaking. Through a series of regularly scheduled educational programs, screening opportunities, sharing resources via online tools, partnering with film, arts and business organizations, and our annual DC Shorts Film Festival, DC Shorts provides opportunities for filmmakers of every skill level to explore and learn their craft — while entertaining and expanding the horizons of audience members.
* Assisted in creating the organizational budget while responsible for all aspects of revenue generation through cash and in-kind support.
* Created and managed a development program to include diverse funding sources including Foundation Support, Corporate Support, Individual Giving, and Earned income
* Created and executed DCFA’s Arts Education Program, Professional Development Program, and Collective Impact Summits
* Created, executed, and managed a partnership program designed to increase brand awareness, ticket sales, and new programming
* Developed and promoted a wide range of volunteer opportunities for all DCFA events including DC Shorts, DCFA’s Signature Film Festival
* Increased sponsorships yearly by 30%
* Increased government funding yearly by 25%
* Increased community partnerships by 400%
* Secured all event venues through sponsorships
* Programmed in underserved communities in DC’s Ward 7 & 8
* Increased educational and networking opportunities
* Expanded Filmmaker Hospitality Program
* Highlighted Homeless / Transitional Housing Filmmakers