Website: NYC Independent Film Festival
The NYC Independent Film Festival is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit providing a showcase for the best independent cinema, from NYC and around the world, to the public and entertainment industry. The weeklong celebration screens the best indie films, offers educational panels and presentations helmed by industry professionals, and holds live performances. The Festival gives filmmakers the opportunity for potential distribution and funding, as well as awarding the top films across numerous categories, all whole giving them the opportunity to mingle and network with press, supporters, and fans.
Vision / The Festival is focused on low budget and emerging, yet overlooked filmmakers, bringing their talent to culturally enrich the NYC community. The Festival aims to create the largest gathering of true indie filmmakers. History / Since 2010, the NYC Independent Film Festival has aimed to discover talented domestic and international indie filmmakers and embraces fresh ideas by screening 1,280 movies from 61 countries in the past 8 years.
* Develop short and long-term fundraising plans to meet the needs of the organization
* Implement the organization’s fundraising and outreach strategies for all funders
* Execute grant proposals and other funding requests
* Plan and implement activities that build awareness of the organization to funders
* Build and support board and committee participation in fundraising activities
* Maintain and expand a database of current and prospective donors
* Manage sponsor and donor benefits